Wednesday 14 October 2009

of ralph lauren model filippa hamilton: i was fired because i was too fat!

Ralph Lauren model Filippa Hamilton: I was fired because I was too fat!: Filippa Hamilton said her contract was terminated in April because she was 'overweight'. In a recent altered (or photoshopped) Ralph Lauren ad, the model's hips appeared slimmer than her head. The 5-foot-10, 120-pound Hamilton has worked for Ralph Lauren since 2002 and considered the company like a second family.


Filippa Hamilton says she was fired for being 'overweight.' The Ralph Lauren ad on the right
Ralph Lauren's clothing company fired the model whose body looked emaciated in a touched-up ad because she weighed too much, the woman told the Daily News Tuesday.

Filippa Hamilton - whose hips appeared slimmer than her head in the recent altered ad - said her contract was terminated in April because she was too heavy
Filippa said,
They fired me because they said I was overweight and I couldn't fit in their clothes anymore. I was shocked to see that super skinny girl with my face. It's very sad, I think, that Ralph Lauren could do something like that. I think they owe American women an apology, a big apology. I'm very proud of what I look like, and I think a role model should look healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment