Thursday 24 March 2005

of wet toilet door handles

Rusty is from New York and in his recent post, he blogged about jet lag. But in the later part of his post, he mentioned a typical scenario of toilet hygiene.
I hate it when the paper towel dispensers won't give you enough paper towel. My hands are wet, man! Don't be stingy with the dry stuff. In Singapore, they refuse to dry their hands after washing them. I'm serious; every single person in the University would wash his hands, fix his hair, and walk straight out the door with his hands soaking wet. I feel like, if you're leaving the bathroom where you've just been holding your pen----->is, you don't want to be seen with dripping wet hands. This apparently doesn't affect them, however, and it leaves those of us with a dry-hand preference being forced to grab a napkin to open the soaking wet door handle, like I was some sort of OCD nut or something.
He has highlighted a very serious and important hygiene problem. I think I have to admit it is quite a common sight to see wet door handles in many public toilets.

Sometimes after answering each call of nature, washing my hands is a definite chore. Most times I'll dry my hands with a toilet paper or use the dryer. Sometimes I'll just use the good old Levi's. Yes, I'm not a very hygiene person also! But most of the time (90% I should say), with my hands dried, I'll encounter wet door handles upon exiting. So being a not so hygiene person, I'll still open it with my dry hands. Then my hands will be wet again. So what you think I'll do next? Right! Wipe my hands on my good old Levi's.

But seriously how to overcome this toilet etiquette? It'll be difficult task.

No comments:

Post a Comment