Friday 11 March 2005

of unparliamentary language

In today's Straits Times, "NMP chided for bad language in House"

"A FOUR-letter expletive and another impolite word blurted out in Parliament earned new Nominated MP Ong Soh Khim a stiff admonition yesterday for 'dishonourable conduct'.

The mechanical engineering academic was apparently heard uttering the word 'shit' once and 'rubbish' several times at the close of a debate on the Education Ministry's budget on Tuesday."

In the report, it highlighted a previous case of a "then-opposition MP" using "unparliamentary language" and listed forbidden words like 'shit', 'rubbish', 'talk cock', 'bastard' and 'asshole'

It's tough to be an MP in Singapore. If I ever speak in parliament, most probably I'll not touch on manpower issues or issues related to income. If I did, the session may end up like this:

Lancerlord: Good morning Mr Speaker, my question is directed towards income. The garbage man takes home an average of XXXX dollars a month. The amount is deemed too low. All that just to collect rubbish...

* Speaker slams the table. Calls the session to a halt *

Lancerlord: Oops! I'm not supposed to say rubbish right? I forgot. Oh shit! I also cannot say shit right. Shit! Shit! Which bastard assholes came up with all these cock rules?

No comments:

Post a Comment