Saturday 26 March 2005

of boom in singapore blogs

Mr Brown discovered that Shel Israel has mentioned Singapore blogs in his blog. Shel mentioned in his blog that the blogging scene in Singapore has boomed rapidly.

This I think is partly because Singapore households are very much internet connected. Try looking up Blogwise or Technorati, the list of Singapore bloggers is endless.

I like surfing the internet. It was through surfing the internet that I learnt about blogs. Before I started blogging, I was using the usual search engines, looking out for news related in technology and politics. This is my fourth month into blogging. During those 4 months, I was exposed me to the various services (like Technorati, Feeds,...) to help me search for stuff faster and easily. Now I know news somewhat faster than what will be reported in the local papers. For example, like the Banksy's adventure recently. It happened 2 days ago. It was reported in today's Straits Times and News on Five just reported it a few hours ago.

But mind you, to me blogging can be very addictive. I blog what I read, feel and think. Since pool of information get to me earlier than the local mainstream papers, I put whatever is there in the internet into my blog. I am still learning the techniques in blogging, so I take a long time to prepare and write my posts. Therefore I do get the usual complaints from my wife like "Blog again!" or "Still blogging ah!". Ha! I think she an understanding person. Right, hun? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment