Friday 13 February 2009

of 13 year old british boy, alfie patten, is father to baby girl

Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13: BOY dad Alfie Patten yesterday admitted he does not know how much nappies cost — but said: “I think it’s a lot.”


Little family ... Alfie, Chantelle and baby Maisie
Baby-faced Alfie, who is 13 but looks more like eight, became a father four days ago when his girlfriend Chantelle Steadman gave birth to 7lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne.

He told how he and Chantelle, 15, decided against an abortion after discovering she was pregnant.


The baby father ... Alfie Patten with little Maisie

The shy lad, whose voice has not yet broken, said,
I thought it would be good to have a baby. I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10.

When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react. I didn’t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment