Tuesday 28 August 2007

of miss south carolina gets a second chance

lauren caitlin upton today showMiss South Carolina Gets A Second Chance: This video shows Miss South Carolina Teen USA Lauren Caitlin Upton who appeared on the Today show after the Miss Teen USA pageant. -

During the show she discusses her meltdown and her mangled answer. She also admits that she made a mistake.
Yes, everything did come at me at once. I was overwhelmed, and I made a mistake. I'm human.
In the later part of the interview, she was given a second chance and was asked the same question. She replied,
Personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on our map. I don't know anyone else who doesn't. And if the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography in our education so people will learn how to read maps better.
The Today crew applauded.

A brave girl to go on live TV again right after the incident.

Click here for the direct link to the video.

[via People]

No comments:

Post a Comment