Tuesday 27 May 2008

of jaime nared, the 12-year-old girl banned from playing basketball with boys

Banned From Playing Basketball With the Boys: Jaime Nared, a 12-year-old girl who stands at six feet tall, has been banned from playing in the boy's basketball league because she is too good in her game. Now her parents have lodged a complaint.

Jaime says,
I think I do a little bit better when I play with the boys because I push myself even harder playing with them.
jaime nared
[Photo via AlterNet]

Jaime's mom, Reiko Williams, said the issue boiled over after a particular game. She says
She scored 30 points, I remember one play. She stole the ball, dribbled up court and made a behind-the-back pass to a teammate. He missed the lay-in, and she grabbed the rebound and put it in. I think it was just too much for some of those parents.
Says Jaime's coach, Michael Abraham,
We beat one team 90-7. At her level, it's like having Shaq on a high-school team.
Watch the video on YouTube ("12 Yr-Old Female Basketball Phenom Jaime Nared on GMA").
12-Year Old Girl gets banned from playing in boys league for being too good! Check out this ABC News Feature on Jaime Nared on Good Morning America. And her dream is to play in the NBA!:)
Her idol is Candace Parker of the LA Sparks.


[via AlerNet and Jezebel]

No comments:

Post a Comment