Saturday 7 May 2005

of mother's day

I remembered the times when you raised your voice whenever I was disobedient.
I remembered the times when you would rush to pick me up from school after work.
I remembered the times when you chauffered me around.
I remembered food was always on the table whenever I got hungry.
I remembered the moments we spent together.
I remembered seeing you lying on the floor, motionless.
I remembered your cold hands when I lifted them.
I remembered the newspaper that you didn't get to read.

I have not said a single "I Love You" to you in all my life.
I remember you in my heart.

I love you, mum. Happy Mother's Day.


Friday September 26, 1997: Mum collapsed at the void deck while on her way home after buying the newspaper from the nearby provision shop. Myocardial Infarction. I rushed home from camp to find her body lying on the void deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment