Monday 2 May 2005

of sit and listen to win prize

I got a letter on Saturday. It's a letter from a company to inform me that I am guaranteed to win some prize. The photo below is a snapshot of the letter. I've blurred the Company's name. To that company, "Sorry, no free advertisement in my blog".

Prizes listed include a Toyota Corolla, 42" Plasma TV, Notebook and an Eleganet Diamond Watch. It even listed a few names of people invited to receive one of the prizes, my name included.

But what's funny is that the top right hand corner of the letter says "3rd and Final Notice". I remembered I received the first letter which should be in some recycled bin or in some incinerator somewhere by now. But where's the 2nd notice? Nevermind that. I don't care.

Well there must be some catch right? I turned over the letter over and it showed the Terms and Conditions. Terms that will scare you. Here are some of them:
- Participants must arrive with their spouse or parnter, without children, friends or relatives, and take part in an approximately 2 hours introduction at the sponsoring company's office.
- Winners of the big awards agree to have their names and picures use in our public relations and advertisements.
- Recipients of the plasma tv will be required to pay $49 for shipping, handling and insurance.
- Recipients of the world vcation will be required to pay...
- Recipients of the $1000 lfights voucher will be required to pay...
- Recipients of the note book will be required to pay...
- Recipients of the elegant diamond watch will be required to pay...
- Recipients of the digital camera will be required to pay...


Well it says "We would like to confirm that the introduction does not feature timeshare holidays or point's holidays..."

Sigh...now I get all these in my mailbox.
*lancerlord throws letter into bin*

No comments:

Post a Comment