Monday 13 December 2010

of x factor 2010 winner, matt cardle: “I didn’t want to go down x factor route”

Matt Cardle: “I didn’t want to go down X Factor route”: This year’s X Factor winner Matt Cardle has already sparked controversy in an interview in which he admitted: "It’s a shame and I didn’t want to go down this route but I have."


The X Factor winner Matt Cardle [photo via ITV]
When asked about his thoughts on critics who slam talent shows like the X Factor claiming that it’s not how popstars should be made, Matt said: “ I can’t help but agree to a certain extent it’s not how it should go, but it’s the way it is nowadays.”

He continued: “I started playing and singing and writing when I was 11 years old and knew that this is what I wanted to do from the age of about 14/15 …I’ve been trying my backside off for 12 years nearly ...and it just wasn’t working for me so I used this platform.”

He also talked about how competitive the music business is and the increasingly difficult task of finding a record label to sign you if you are ‘old’, claiming that: “Record companies won’t look at you if you’re over 25.”

However despite his regrets at using the show’s popularity to propel his music career he said: “I don’t think I’ve completely sold out, I mean there are things that I’ve done over the past 12 weeks that I would never do.”
Read the rest of the story here.

The X Factor 2010 (UK Series 7) concluded on 12 Dec. The Boys category was being mentored by Dannii Minogue and the Girls category was being Cheryl Cole.

Boys: Karl Brown, Matt Cardle, Nicolò Festa, Aiden Grimshaw, Marlon McKenzie, Tom Richards, Paije Richardson and John Wilding.
Girls: Keri Arrindell, Annastasia Baker, Treyc Cohen, Rebecca Ferguson, Cher Lloyd, Gamu Nhengu, Raquel Thomas and Katie Waissel.

Matt Cardle emerged winner. Rebecca Ferguson was runner-up.

Read this. Popular painter Matt Cardle is the winner of The X Factor 2010.

Watch Matt Cardle and Rihanna singing Unfaithful on The X Factor

No comments:

Post a Comment