Sunday 20 September 2009

of 25-year-old girl has phobia for knees

Spiders? Flying? Heights? No, my greatest fear is... other people's kneecaps: 25-year-old Sarah Lister suffers from Genuphobia, fear of kneecaps.

While most people's knees start knocking at the sight of a spider, for council worker Sarah Lister kneecaps themselves hold the greatest fear.

The merest sight or the gentlest touch of anyone's kneecaps sends normally fun-loving Sarah into a dizzying panic, leaving her flustered, angry and sweating profusely.

Sarah's fear, known medically as Genuphobia, has made trips to the beach, nights out with friends or watching her fianci Chris Bayliss playing football an ordeal.


Sarah, 25, from Gosport, Hants, said,
In the summer it is worse because I don't feel like I can go to the beach or go to the pub. I worry that if I saw someone in a bathing costume or a short skirt I would just freak out. I quiver in fear if anybody tries to touch my knees, or accidentally bumps into them. I am fine with my fiancee, my immediate family and a select group of friends, but strangers' knees still hold a lot of fear for me. Even the thought of other people's knees makes me feel very uneasy.
[via Jezebel]

No comments:

Post a Comment