Tuesday 26 July 2005

of one nut loose

So far I had only mentioned about my Granduncle once in this blog. This post will be the second.

Every morning, my Granduncle will accompany us downstairs to the car and then he will say goodbye to lancerlad. Usually he will be the last one to leave the house so he will be the one to lock the door.

Today he did something which made me burst into laughter. Whilst in the lift, upon reaching the ground floor, he shouted "Alamak!". He kept shaking his head and gave a loud "Cheh!". Then he showed me the padlock in his hand. The familiar Abloy padlock that secures our gate. Not only had he forgotten to lock the gate, he took the padlock down 2 flights of stairs, along a stretch of corridor, into the lift and down 10 floors. He laughed, I laughed and the people in the lift also laughed.

Our 84-year old Granduncle is becoming senile. Like what he always says, "One nut loose!" (usually accompanied with his finger pointing to his head)

No comments:

Post a Comment