Monday 4 April 2005

of speaking slowly

Got this in my voicebox in the office just now.
"Hi, Lancerlord. This is Michael from XXXX. Please call me at 9STUVWXYZ I like to ask about the LCD monitors that you purchased from us."

The message lasted 10-15 seconds. The caller's speech had clarity but he was talking too fast. I had to play the message 3 times to jot down his number.

Some more our low tech phone message system cannot interrupt one. I had to wait for the sentence to finish before I could access the menu.
"You have messages in your voicebox. Please enter you pin. Or else press asterisk to start dialling."

After entering pin,
"You have 1 message in your voicebox. To listen to your message, press 1. To delete the message, press 2. To skip to the next message, press 3. To end and return to normal dialling mode, press 9."

Maybe I should customise my greeting message to warn all callers to speak slowly after the beep.

No comments:

Post a Comment