Friday 25 November 2011

of prc nus student says "singaporeans will always do worse than us"

Parry Liu Peiyu (刘沛宇), a China nationality studying at NUS, commented on a Chinese social networking website:
There is a lesson we can learn from the recent Singapore vs China soccer game - and can apply in our final exam. No matter what, do not give up, because there is always Singaporean will perform worse than us.

国足告诉我们一个道理,可以沿用到我们的final。不管什么时候都不要放弃希望。有新加坡人给我们垫底呢。





Larry Liu Facebook

Read more (AH TIONG NUS STUDENT: SINGAPOREANS WILL ALWAYS PERFORM WORSE THAN US)


Temasek Revealed editor Alex Tan Zhixiang has written a letter of complain to Mrs Ovidia Lim, director of NUS, regarding the incident and CC-ed to Mediacorp News Reporters.

Previously, Mr Alex Tan has also made a police report of a racist video made by another China student Wang Peng Fei.




Message from Alex Tan to Parry Liu


Read more (TR to Ah Tiong NUS Student: Go back to China)


Outrage over PRC student’s insult: ‘S’poreans will always do worse than us’


According to his latest update on Facebook, written in Chinese, Parry Liu says he was merely reposting a comment from a friend because he thought it was interesting, but did not approve of the remark. Parry says
I admit that the content is insulting to Singaporeans, but I do not actually agree with the remark.

I'm not very good at my studies either, and there are many locals who are better than me.

The comment was something that I reposted from a friend. I reposted it because I thought it was interesting. In fact, I removed the status update in less than half an hour. I admit that it is my mistake to have posted something like that. What I did was very stupid. At the same time, I wish to apologise to Singaporeans who felt insulted by the remark. They can scold me and criticise me, it's all my fault. I am truly sorry.
Read more (Chinese NUS student's comment angers S'pore netizens)

No comments:

Post a Comment