Sunday 25 September 2011

Butter Me Up, Baby!





If you're like me (and you should be) then you are just BASTING in the Lions' Butter right now! The Lions are 3-0 for the first time since 1980. 1980! Are you actually comprehending how long ago that was? I wasn't even a twinkle in Dub's eye back then. I mean sure, we've had winning seasons since then; scattered here and there, and only 1 playoff victory, but still winning seasons nonetheless. To really put it in perspective; last time the Lions were 3-0 to start the season gas was $1.25 a gallon, people we're dancing to the song "Funkytown" and the US Hockey team pulled off the "Miracle" upset of Russia.

(Seriously, how weird are 80's videos?)

For a while there, I thought it was the Lions of old during the first half. No points, stupid penalties and getting down right outplayed. But that second half was the Lions team I've been having wet dreams about for months! Stafford took it over throwing for over 250 yards and hooking up with Megatron on two scores to get us right back in it. Not to mention the bomb.com he lobbed up to CJ, who made a STUPID catch to get us well within FG range for Old Faithful Jason Hanson. I almost shit when I saw that. Hell, Stafford even took a few licks from Jared Allen thanks to Jeff Backus (worthy of an entirely separate blog post after such a hideous performance). But he got back up and lead the Honolulu Blue to a W. It wasn't the prettiest but I'll take it!

Bam! Mother Fuckers!



No comments:

Post a Comment