Saturday 18 July 2009

of datuk chua jui meng quits mca to jion opposition pkr

Chua Jui Meng quits MCA, joins PKR: The Star reports that Former Malaysian Health Minister Datuk Chua Jui Meng has quit Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to join opposition Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR).
Former health minister Datuk Chua Jui Meng quit MCA to join opposition PKR on Saturday. He was also joined by former MCA Senator David Yeoh and former Lumut MP Yap Yit Thong. Chua said that he was joining PKR to help preserve the two-party system that had emerged after the polls last year.
Datuk Chua said,
I know that I am leaving the comfort and security of my present life for a road less travelled, a tough and rough road and that ahead of me awaits hardships. I am prepared for this last hurrah of my life.
However Bernama reports that MCA vice-president Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai has refuted these claims, insisting that Datuk Chua Jui Meng will stay on. Datuk Seri Liow said,
I didn't hear any news from him (Datuk Chua) regarding this (joining the opposition party), he is the former MCA vice-president and has been contributing to the party and the nation. The speculation could be just rumour.

No comments:

Post a Comment