Tuesday 18 September 2007

of "sorry, are you in the queue?"

I was queuing up to buy food at a stall when this lady appeared in front of me and started looking at me like I was someone from Pluto.

Before trying to cut into the queue in front of me, she asked: "Are you in the queue?"

I was speechless for 1.5738727634 seconds before I said: "Ya."

Then she stepped back and queued up behind me.

For obvious reason, I was in the queue to buy food. There are no other reasons why I should be standing in front of a fishball noodle stall behind 4 people in the queue. Why? Do I look like I am standing there to wait for durians to drop?

I dont' think she had the intention to cut queue but there is no logic for her to ask that question. Instances like these make me wonder why I am born in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment