Monday 30 January 2006

of quiet cny

Today marks the 49th day of my Grandma's passing. I joined in the ritual with my relatives to pay our respect to Grandma. At the end of the 1.5 hour ritual, one of my aunt prayed in front of my Grandma's photo, threw 2 20-cent coins on the floor and started crying. "She has gone up to heaven", my aunt told us. My aunt had asked Grandma if she had already gone up to heaven.

This is a quiet Chinese New Year for us. Hardly can you find Chinese family grocery shopping and eating lunch at Mcdonald's on the first day of Chinese New Year. Or a Chinese goondu guy washing car on the Second Day. People in the cars that passed by the washing bay just stared at me. But no choice have to wash, my car was covered with a layer of dirt until even catepillar also stuck on the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment