Saturday 8 October 2005

of win-win

Drivers on the road practise win-win situation.

Red car wants to filter right to go to the first lane. Blue car signals left and wants to filter left to exit the expressway but red car does not give way.

There are many cars in front of the blue car. So it is impossible for the red car to filter right even if it overtakes the blue car. Furthermore there are plenty of space behind the blue car for red car to filter right.

Blue car driver prefers the red car to slow down to let him filter left. By doing so, the red car can then filter right.

Unfortunately the blue car is me. I had to slow down to let the red car slot in front of me and the car in front. Well, this is still a win-win situation. Both drivers win in the end, depends on who win first. This is a "You Win First and I Win Later" situation. And unfortunately it is not the first time I encounter this type of 'tight' situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment